Saturday, July 18, 2009

2008 Presidential Election Results Map


The following is a map of the United States. States colored blue were won by Barack Obama and states colored Red were won by John McCain.


Barack Obama won 28 states and DC (365 Electoral Votes), John McCain won 22 states (173 Electoral Votes). Note: Obama won one of Nebraska's 5 Electoral Votes because NE divides its electoral votes by congressional district, and Obama won the Omaha district.

On June 21, 2008, I had posted on this blog my analysis of how the states would vote in the general election (My Electoral College Outlook). As election day got closer, the map changed. What I find most interesting is that I had put Indiana and North Carolina in the Solid Republican category, on election day both of these states voted for Obama (narrowly).

No comments: